Our Evacuation Chair Awareness course aims to assist individuals and businesses comply with the safe evacuation of an individual who would not be able to do so in a safe and timely manner in the event of an evacuation.
By the end of our course, attendees will have the ability to operate an evacuation chair safely and successfully in the event of an evacuation. This course is ideal for anyone whose job consists of assisting anyone with a mobility impairment who may need help during an evacuation.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- Regulations affecting the mobility impaired.
- How to prepare and secure a person to an evacuation chair safely.
- Knowledge of when an evacuation chair may be required.
- Manoeuvring the evacuation chair downstairs.
- Restrictions and disadvantages of equipment.
- Ability to operate confidently.
- Manual handling involved with the equipment and operation.
- Understand the term Fire Refuge Point.
- Experience the feeling of travelling in an evacuation chair.
The evacuation chair awareness training course takes around 3 hours and delegates may be expected to engage in several group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide participants through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Safety Training’s courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.