Our HABC-accredited course is ideal for individuals at a beginner level, with no experience in fire safety and would be an excellent induction to enable them to move on to train at a higher level.
Our course ensures all attendees will leave with a full understanding of fire safety including how to carry out risk assessments, the causes of fires, prevention measures and how to effectively operate fire extinguishers.
Outline of Programme
- Common causes of fires.
- Preventing the start and spread of fires.
- Effects of Fires on the Workplace and Staff.
- Identifying, controlling and reporting hazards.
- The Fire Triangle (Combustion Triangle).
- Duties and responsibilities of staff, employers and fire marshals.
- Using and maintaining portable extinguishers.
- Correct protocol when dealing with a fire.
- Risk assessment.
The HABC fire safety awareness level 1 training course takes around 3 hours and delegates may be expected to engage in several group activities during these sessions, and a certificate will be awarded.
Safety Training’s courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.