Did you know 1 in 4 people in the UK is likely to experience mental health problems each year?
Mental Health is just as important as physical health, yet whilst we know how to take care of our physical health, many people do not know how to support friends, relatives or even colleagues who are experiencing poor mental health, By developing a greater understanding of common mental health conditions, as well as how best to support and guide someone to professional help, you can help reduce the stigma associated with mental health in the UK.
- Understanding mental Health and its Importance
- The Roles and Responsibilities for mental health in the Workplace
- Importance of our well-being as a mental health first aider
- Common mental heal conditions include:
- Characteristics and features
- Work-related stress
- Eating disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Promoting positive mental health first aid in the workplace
- Best practice for employers
- Mental health first aid at work action plan
- Appropriate coping strategies
- How employers can provide support to employees in the workplace
- Assisting those off work and those returning to work
- Procedures to support employees who are off work whilst experiencing poor mental health
- Types of support available both locally and nationally
Safety Training Ltd Mental Health First Aid in the Workplace (Level 3 RQF) is regulated and is a Nationally recognised qualification that has been specifically designed to raise awareness of mental health, and develop an understanding of how best to support, reassure and signpost colleagues to professional support. What’s more, candidates will develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to actively promote positive mental health within their workplace, making it an ideal qualification for mental health champions/ first aiders, Human Resources, managers, supervisors and team leaders.