Upon arrival delegates will be presented with theory prior to practical training to help ‘set the scene’;
this gives delegates a clear understanding of moving an handling concepts, equipment, and proceedures. Equipment can be supplied if unavailable for the practical element.
Correct moving and handling of people techniques are going to save a lot of carers from a bad back later in life! Make sure your carers are protecting themselves, and correctly assisting their patients to give them the best support possible. Delegates will come away from the training with an array of essential practical skills as well as an understanding of the relevant principles, policies and legal requirements with which they must comply.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- Relevant legislation associated with safe moving and handling.
- How injury affects people differently.
- Preventing injuries.
- Knowledge of basic anatomy – spine, discs, ligaments, muscles, etc.
- Ergonomics and movements.
- Bearing the bulk of a person’s weight.
- Safe handling principles and correct handling position.
- Appropriate handling techniques in relation to the working environment.
The moving and handling of people theory training course takes around 2 hours and delegates may be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide participants through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Equipment hire charges may apply.
Make a saving by utilising a trainer for the whole day. Any 3, 2 hour courses; or 2, 3 hour courses can be combined for discounts of up to 30%!