Our SOVA course has been specifically designed to express the significance of safeguarding vulnerable adults.
Throughout the course, the attendees will look at how staff in the care industry need to approach the topic. Attendees will leave the programme with an understanding of current policies, practices and laws to ensure they can correctly implement industry standards into your company. Our course will be delivered by the most current legislation to protect vulnerable adults. Upon request, our instructors can tailor specifics making our training seem more relevant to all attendees.
Outline of Programme
- What is Safeguarding?
- What makes someone an adult vulnerable?
- What are the different types of abuse?
- How to recognise abuse, signs and signals.
- Look at the Symptoms associated with abuse.
- Different Ways of Managing Abuse.
- Current legislation and guidelines.
- How we should be Record-keeping and reporting issues effectively.
Safety Training SOVA Awareness program takes around 3 hours and delegates will be expected to partake in several group activities. Our experienced teachers will be on hand to help guide delegates through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Safety Training’s courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.