Approved by CPD
Our e-learning Allergen Awareness course covers general allergies, food allergies and intolerances whilst explaining what differentiates them.
It also discusses the fourteen allergens controlled under legislation in addition to food additives and how they can trigger allergic reactions.
The fourteen allergens are:
- Cereals containing gluten,
- Crustaceans for example prawns, crabs, lobster, crayfish
- Milk (including lactose)
- Nuts; namely almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecan nuts, Brazil nuts, pistachio nuts, macadamia
- Celery (including celeriac)
- Sulphur dioxide/sulphites were added at a level above 10mg
- Lupin, which includes lupin seeds and flour
- Molluscs like mussels, whelks, oysters, snails and squid
- Our course takes an in-depth look at the specific symptoms of food allergies whilst considering a wider picture, discussing theories of why rates of allergies are increasing. Finally, covering practical steps that can be taken to reduce the risk of reaction from allergens and also what steps can be taken both internally and externally to monitor the control measures.
On successful completion of our course, you will be emailed a safety training quality assured certificate. This can be used to provide evidence for compliance and audit.
This course is approved by CPD as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.