Our Diabetes Awareness Training course is directed towards all care sector staff however, will particularly suit those working with adults, teenagers and children with diabetes.
Furthermore, it helps participants to achieve a general understanding of the challenges that those who suffer from diabetes face subsequently, preparing them to carry out proactive and reactive measures.
Outline of Programme
- The various types of diabetes
- How to identify the comorbidities that are related to diabetes
- The principles and benefits of a healthy diet
- How to recognise the signs and symptoms of hypo and hyperglycaemia
- How to deal with/manage hypo and hyperglycaemic attacks.
- Proactive measures
Diabetes Awareness training takes around 3 hours and delegates will be expected to engage in a number of group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide delegates through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Safety Training courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.