Our Conflict Management and Personal Safety Course is designed to provide staff with a vast amount of knowledge surrounding the potential risk of aggression and violence in the workplace. This training will enable all delegates to confidently deal and diffuse such incidents. Our course is a mixture of theoretical and practical scenario based training alongside being in accordance with the Nationally Approved Conflict Resolution Model.
Who Will Benefit
The course is ideally suited for those employees who have direct interface with the customer. It is particularly suitable for those staff who work in customer service environments, which by their very nature are inherently stressful.
Examples of the subjects covered on the course are detailed below. However, it should be noted that the generic content can be tailored to meet individual client needs.
- Course introduction and Introduction to workplace violence
- Legislation and Employment Law
- Assessment and reduction of risk
- Conflict avoidance
- Communication Skills
- De-escalating Situations
- High Risk Conflict & Exit Strategies
- Post Incident Support
As previously mentioned if your organisation has a specific area of training that is not included, or you require a more in-depth session, We would be more than happy to accommodate by providing additional training in your particular subject area.
On successful completion of the course students will be better able to:
- Recognise the various stages of conflict and aggression.
- use appropriate techniques to prevent escalation.
- Use verbal and non verbal communication to resolve confrontational situations.
- Maintain their composure and deal effectively with customers in difficult situations.
- Understand and manage conflict “flashpoints”.
- assess situations and decide on effective exit strategies.
Assessment will be ongoing throughout the course.
Subject to successful assessment, participants will be issued with a course certificate.
Safety Training’s courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.