Injuries caused by poor lifting techniques are one of the most common causes of prolonged time of work in the UK.
So much so, that manual handling training is now likely to be compulsory training in any workplace expecting staff members to lift inanimate objects as part of their job role. Failure to properly adhere to this training is in the long run both costly to the individual and their company!
Our Manual Handling course is designed to express the importance of correct manual handling in order to reduce incidents, in which more than a third of all accidents every year are down to manual handling. Delegates will be taught about manual handling operations which are hazardous to health and how to prevent incidents from happening. Our course is ideal for anyone whose occupation involves manual handling, or even the concept of manual handling.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- Understand the importance of correct manual handling.
- Manual handling operations which are hazardous to health.
- How to prevent injury and harm from manual handling.
- Legal requirements with regards to manual handling operations in the workplace.
- The value of risk assessment and how it applies to safe manual handling practice.
This course takes approximately half a day (3 hours) to complete. Delegates will be expected to engage in a number of involved group activities. Our trainers are very experienced and will be able to help guide delegates throughout the session. A certificate will be awarded on completion of the course.
Safety Training’s courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.