Our Sports First Aid course is ideal for anyone in the sporting industry.
It is vital athletes’ injuries are attended to shortly after the incident to minimise long-term damage. Our training will ensure all attendees are fully equipt with the appropriate first aid skills to deal with sporting injuries promptly and efficiently. As a result of our instructor’s experienced ability, if requested before course commencement bespoke situations can be designed to make training seem more relevant.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction to your new role as a first aider.
- Primary survey (initial check).
- Communicating with the casualty.
- Dealing with an emergency in a public place.
- Internal and external bleeding.
- Speedy treatment of burns and scalds.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and when it is necessary.
- Assessing unconscious causalities.
- Proper assessment and response to head injury.
- Possible reactions to extreme temperatures/conditions.
- Torn or stretched ligaments and muscles.
- Asthma attacks.
- Bone, joint and muscle injuries.
- Assessing and treating (if possible) chest pains.
- Emergency technique to relieve choking.
The Sports First Aid training course is run over one day and delegates will be awarded a Sports First Aid certificate upon completion.
Safety Training’s courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.