Our Fire Marshalling course is ideal for anyone looking to become the designated fire marshal in their workplace. Attendees will be taught about the causes and effects of fires, as well as how to prevent their spread by implementing suitable emergency procedures. Our course complies with the Regulatory Reform Order 2005 and is combined with our fire extinguisher practical course for a more intensive training experience. If requested before course commencement we can tailor specifics to match your environment.
Outline of Programme
- Relevant legislation and guidelines.
- Preventing fires and their spread of them.
- Fighting fires with both fixed installations and portable extinguishers.
- Fire hazards and causes of fires.
- Emergency protocol, including evacuation, emergency lighting and assembly points.
- Fire alarms and fire drills.
- Risk assessment.
- Understanding categories of fire and how they differ.
- Meaning of the colour codes on fire extinguishers.
- Regular fire safety inspections and keeping a fire log.
- Fire extinguisher Practical.
The fire marshalling training course takes around 4 hours and delegates may be expected to engage in several group activities. Our experienced trainers will be on hand to help guide participants through these sessions and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Safety Training’s courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.