Did you know 1 in 4 people in the UK is likely to experience mental health problems each year?
Mental Health is just as important as physical health, yet whilst we know how to take care of our physical health, many people do not know how to support friends, relatives or even colleagues who are experiencing poor mental health, By developing a greater understanding of common mental health conditions, as well as how best to support and guide someone to professional help, you can help reduce the stigma associated with mental health in the UK.
- Understanding mental health and its importance
- Identifying the roles and responsibilities of those associated with mental health in the workplace
- The legislation associated with mental health in the workplace
- Promoting positive mental health in the workplace
- Common mental health conditions include:
- Work-related stress
- Eating disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Identifying key features within a mental health first aid at work action plan and listening techniques
The Safety Training Ltd Understanding Mental Health in the Workplace (Level 2 RQF) is regulated and is a Nationally recognised qualification that has been specifically designed to raise awareness of the signs and symptoms of common mental health conditions in the workplace and how best to offer support and guidance to colleagues. During this course, candidates will develop a greater understanding in the importance of positive mental health and well-being in the workplace and the role that everyone plays in recognising and handling mental health issues at work.