This course teaches delegates about common recreational drugs, including alcohol and the effects they can produce.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to develop an understanding of different substances and how they can influence, physically and mentally and how to appropriately deal with them. Our course is ideal for carers who primarily work with young people who may be deemed as vulnerable.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- What are recreational drugs?
- The misuse of alcohol and its effects.
- What are the motivations behind substance abuse?
- Dependencies and consequential behaviour as a result.
- What are the signs and symptoms to lookout for.
- Emotional, physical and social impacts.
- Explanation of what is required in supporting a family, friends and individuals.
The working with substance abuse training course takes around 3 hours and delegates may be expected to partake in a number of group activities. Safety Trainings experienced teachers will be on hand to help guide participants through these sessions. A certificate will be awarded upon completion and is valid for 12 months.
Safety Trainings courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.