Our Asbestos Awareness course is an introduction to the dangers of working with asbestos and assists employers to comply with the law for their workers to be appropriately trained to work safely.
Our training provides attendees with knowledge of where asbestos can be found and how to survey it and prevent its exposure.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- What is asbestos and why is it dangerous?
- Compliance with regulations, such as HSE guidelines.
- Where is asbestos found? – Locations, materials and products.
- Properties of asbestos.
- Health problems caused by asbestos.
- What to do in an emergency.
- Asbestos exposure and how it can be prevented.
- Completing asbestos surveys.
- Control measures and safe working practices.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE.)
- Removal of asbestos.
The course is delivered within half a day, over 3 hours and meets HSE requirements. There will be a continuous assessment throughout by the trainer, with practical activities during the training and a multiple-choice theory test afterwards. Upon successful completion, delegates receive nationally recognised certification valid for one year.
Safety Training’s courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.