Our epilepsy training is aimed at the care industry; in particular, people who are involved with clients who suffer from epilepsy.
Delegates will be taught about the main effects of epilepsy and the importance of supporting those who suffer, How to give medication as directed by their doctor. Our course will also aid attendees in having the ability to identify the different types of seizures alongside the behavioural changes an individual may possess as a result of epilepsy.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction to epilepsy.
- What Epilepsy is and how it is caused.
- Recognising the Signs and symptoms of seizures.
- The various types of seizures.
- Safely caring for someone having a seizure.
- What documentation is required after a seizure?
This course is presented by means of tutorials, practical exercises and group discussions. Instructors will continually assess delegates during the course and a certificate will be awarded upon completion.
Safety Training’s courses are competitively priced and we aim to beat any equivalent training quote. Geographic restrictions may apply.